Since 2010, CartSpan has continued to add support for newer Ecommerce platforms while maintaining support for many legacy systems that were first-to-market. If you don't see your system listed in either of the Open-Source listings or the Fully-Hosted listings below, please give us a call to discuss support for your chosen platform. We can be reached @ 513-708-1317.
Open-Source Platforms Supported
- WooCommerce, Magento (M1 & M2), CS-Cart, OpenCart, Virtuemart, Ecommerce Templates (mySQL DB only), PrestaShop, X-Cart, Zen Cart, osCommerce, VP-Cart (mySQL DB only), and some later versions of UberCart.
Fully-Hosted Platforms Supported
- BigCommerce, Shopify, Squarespace, and Shift4Shop (formerly 3DCart).
Fulfillment Systems Supported
- ShippingEasy and ShipStation --- A quick note regarding integration to the listed fulfillment systems - If you are a merchant that sells via multiple channels (i.e., Ecommerce site(s), Amazon, Ebay, etc.) and use one of these shipping tools, importing orders via the fulfillment platform may be your most cost-effective option. One CartSpan customer is known to have reliably imported up to 12,000 orders in a single month via approximately 20 Ecommerce channels funneling to their ShippingEasy account.
Not all companies transact business in the same way; especially in regard to how accountants want to manage the books. Yet, most integration offerings don't provide anything more than a 'one size fits all' approach to imports. CartSpan was originally developed for, and has evolved to accommodate, the many different ways companies do business. Here are just a few key features that set CartSpan apart from the competition:
Customer ID Handling
- Dealing with legacy Customer IDs is perhaps the trickiest aspect of integrating an existing company with a new Ecommerce system. If your existing naming convention is consistent and based upon customer billing/contact information, CartSpan offers a rule-based configuration to replicate this process. If your organization consolidates orders into a common Customer ID based upon an element of the transaction, CartSpan offers a handful of options you might be surprised to see. In the worst possible case, where your legacy Customer IDs just aren't in a pretty state, CartSpan has a handy look-up table that can be used to link them with the unique customer identifiers coming from the Ecommerce system.
Import as Order or Invoice? Or Both?
- CartSpan provides multiple options for directing the Web Order to the desired transaction type within Sage. While other integrations typically support one or the other, CartSpan will allow you to import the Web Order as either an Invoice or an Order based upon payment method or order status. In the same breath, CartSpan also allows you apply payment to either transaction based upon the payment method or status. CartSpan has additional options for directing the type of transaction if your needs extend beyond these basic options.
Item Cross-Referencing and Substitution
- If you are a business whose online catalog of items needs to be consolidated into a smaller number of Item IDs in Sage, CartSpan offers a useful look-up table that supports 'many-to-one' mapping. The identifier coming from the Ecommerce system doesn't even have to match what is in Sage and a 1:1 replacement can be made during the import. This same look-up capability allows you to create package deals on your website and manages the unit and price conversions during the import to the associated stocking item reference.
CartSpan Simply Does More
- CartSpan better automates the import process than competitive offerings. If the customer master doesn't exist, CartSpan will create it. If the Item doesn't exist in Sage, CartSpan can be directed to create it during the import process to keep things moving smoothly. CartSpan then imports the transaction and applies the payment if appropriate. This highly automated approach results in an integration experience that most CartSpan customers essentially forget about as there is no User Interface that users need to work within on a regular basis. The result is freedom to direct your energies to more customer or business-focused activities.
CartSpan dives deeper into the Sage 50cloud accounting system than competitive offerings to leverage specific features and make your Ecommerce integration more effective. Here are a few key features that distinguish CartSpan from the competition:
Near Real-Time Stock Updates
- Near real-time updates of stock quantity available in response to receiving, orders, invoicing, and adjustment activity in the accounting system. As an additional measure of accuracy, CartSpan reflects the quantity available for sale based upon item quantities on open sales orders. If you take orders that are dated in future accounting periods, CartSpan can be configured to exclude open-orders past a future date (based upon days).
Calculated Assembly Availability
- Many manufacturers operate on an assemble-to-order basis. Although you may not have final product assembled for sale, CartSpan can calculate the amount of final product you can reliably offer. CartSpan will determine available inventory for each item represented on the first level of the assembly BoM and calculate the maximum quantity of the parent item that can be produced. This availability calculation includes open orders for after-market purchases of affected child components.
Mulitple Options For Pricing Updates
- By default, CartSpan uses the Price Level 1 in Sage to update pricing in the Web Store. You can, however, point to any of the other 9 price levels on the item master to be used as the standard for price update in the Web Store. Optionally, CartSpan offers a global markup (or markdown) feature that can be applied to the target price level to arrive at the price to be published in the Web Store. If you need a more granular markup percentage by Item, CartSpan allows pointing to any of the 5 custom fields on the Sage 50cloud Item Master to hold this value. Retail rounding rules can then be applied to the resulting calculations to reflect more deliberate pricing.
Support For Phantom and Multi-Pack Deals
- CartSpan allows you to map real items in Sage 50cloud to 'phantom' items in the Web Store and provide an associated conversion factor. For instance, if you have an Item ID of 'WIDGET' in the accounting system, you can offer a phantom item of '12-PK-WIDGET' in the Web Store with a factor of 12 and CartSpan will manage stock and pricing conversions. Similar to the assembly functionality described above, CartSpan will calculate how many of the target packaging configurations you could sell from the base stock item. The 'phantom' items doesn't have to be a packaged deal; it can simply be an alternate SKU represented on the Web Store with a 1:1 relationship.
Driving business forward.
eCommerce & Mobile App Solutions
CAD-Sage ERP Integration
eCommerce for Sage-Run Businesses
EDI and eCommerce Order Management
Realtime Integrated CRM ERP
Fulfillment for Sage leveraging MAPADOC
Instant Business Reporting, no headaches
Automate Data Integration and Processes
Starting At $129.00/Mo
POS/Retail Management for Sage 300cloud & Sage X3